Our Constitution is the governing document of our organisation. It covers all the important stuff about how we ought to function.
It has 11 sections, including:
- Interpretation – defines terms within the constitution & how it’s interpreted
- Object – outlines the Department’s purposes
- Membership – outlines who’s a member of the Department
- Structure – outlines how the Department works
- The Collective – outlines how the Collective works including meeting procedures, notice requirements, & what obligations the Collective is owed by the Officer
- The Committee – outlines powers and responsibilities of the Committee including the Disabilities Officer, the Deputies, the Publicity Officer, & the Secretary
- Elections, Removal, & Censure – fairly self explanatory, outlines how the DSA elects, removes, and censures DSA office-bearers
- Finance – outlines requirements regarding the presentation & amendment of the budget, how the Department spends money, and the appointment of trustees
- Policies – outlines procedure regarding the introduction, amendment, or repeal of policies including the Safer Spaces Policy & the Roles Policy
- Abolishing the Department – outlines necessary steps to abolish the Department
- Amendments to the Constitution – outlines requirements and procedures around changing the constitution
You can find a Word Document copy of the DSA Constitution here at: https://goo.gl/Jjy54L
If any of this seems obtuse or unclear, please contact the Officer for clarification at email@example.com.